From: Glenn Anderson <wb5...@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2022 8:25 AM
To: tdxs-l...@tdxs.net; ctd...@lists.kkn.net; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Cc: n...@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: [BVARC] Elecraft P3 BLACK SCREEN but not DEAD

I had the same problem with mine a while ago. The problem was with the
3.3-volr regulator module. It would get very hot and stop working after a
few minutes. There are two regulator modules on the input board. A 5-volt
and a 3.3-volt. They are the thick, black, edge-mounted things on the board.
If you have the same problem,  one of them will be very hot after a few
minutes. I replaced mine with a different type and it solved the issue.

The module is a Rolm BP5220A and is no longer available. I did find one in
Taiwan, but I had already used a substitute.

Calls to the factory were of little help.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Glenn WB5TUF