I recently received my K3 s/n 2324 back from Elecraft after being repaired
from lightning damage. The Damage was not extensive and Elecraft did some
other repairs that preceded the lightning strike.

However, when received I found that the KEY OUT FED Q3 was shorted (perhaps
not tested by Elecraft at the factory?) so I decided to repair it myself
rather than sending it back and waiting who knows how many weeks for a
simple repair. Let me tell you, it was no simple task for a non-electronics
tech who can't see very well any more. Of course Q3 was located on the
motherboard and was buried under several other sandwiched boards and the
sub-receiver.what a job (for me anyway). After putting everything back
together, the KEY OUT now works but I get ZERO WATTS output. I have tried
low and high power positions, CW and TUNE functions, but nothing A call to
tech support, Rob suggested I check the TXIF cable connection, which I did.
I checked all visible cables, everything is plugged in as required. I tried
a transmitter calibration but for some reason I cannot communicate with the
K3 using my RS232-USB cable, which is probably no good (Amazon) since I know
the radio is communicating with other equipment just fine.

Any ideas why I am now getting 0W output? I have tried everything I can
think of but I am not a tech as I mentioned before.

Thanks,

Allen R. Brier N5XZ

1515 Windloch Lane

Richmond, TX 77406