The KX3 has extra range so that it covers 160 m and 6 m compared to the KX2,
which is 80 to 10 m. The T1 is spec’ed to cover 160 to 6 m, so I’m not sure
about the details of that.

The KX3 might have a wider matching range on just the HF bands. I’ve only had
it fail to match once.

A few years ago, there was a discussion on this list that gave all the
component values for all the ATUs. I’m not having any luck finding those posts
right now.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood