I've used microHAM microKEYERs (first the MKII and now the MKIII) with my K3
(and now K3S).  I previously used a DB9 A/B switch to switch the radio between
the microKEYER and a computer COM port when I wanted to use the Elecraft K3
Utility.  I reconfigured recently and eliminated the A/B switch because I
hadn't used the K3 Utility in a long time.

The recent thread about N2BC's K3_EZ program got me thinking about trying that
program or the K3 Utility using the 2nd CAT port in the microHAM Router
software that runs the MKIII.  I just tried the K3 Utility, and it works fine.
I don't know why that never dawned on me before, but it's nice to not have the
cables and switch cluttering up my desk.

I have VA2FSQ's Win4K3Suite connected to the microHAM Router's 1st CAT port.

Jim N7US