There is a Dow-Key coax relay that does that automatically ... a pin grounds the inactive terminal.  I would think your scheme would work OK.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

Ray Spreadbury via Elecraft wrote on 1/19/2023 8:43 AM:
I am thinking of building a low power QRP valve transmitter (e.g. 1 or
perhaps 2 6V6's/6L6's) for use in the G-QRP club valve activation weekends -
output 5 to 10W.

Many of such circuits are using a crystal oscillator, but I plan to build a
Nano digital VFO in place of the crystal to have more frequency flexibility.

If I use my K2 as the receiver, will it be sufficient when transmitting, to
switch the antenna to the transmitter and ground the K2 antenna port to
avoid damage to the K2?

73

Ray G3XLG

Message delivered to k6dg...@gmail.com