Hi Dick,

By 'not working' I presume you mean that advancing
the TX Power control above 12 watts does not yield
increasing TX power output?

Does advancing the TX Power control above 12 watts
produce any increased TX output power or none at all?  Here
I presume you have an external wattmeter with which to
measure TX output power.

The K3s uses the KPA3A power amplifier, which is a
RF MOSFET-based amplifier.  The 100 watt amplifier
is either bypassed or inserted inline after the KLPA3A low
power amplifier using PIN diode switches and depending
on the setting of the TX Power control.  That you're still
able to measure 12 watts TX output from the KLP3A
suggests the 'bypass' path through the PIN diode switches
is operating correctly.

Keith, WE6R, the Elecraft tech guru, had posted some
common failures on the KPA3A board - you can search
them on this forum or the K3 groups.io forum.  He may
chime in here before I can locate his very helpful posts.

73,
Mike, K8CN