Hi Tony,

I, too, am an avid user of the CW-to-PSK31 feature, which is available on the
K3 and K4 as well as the KX line. I've even used it during Field Day, which is
a hoot, especially with a tiny KX2 and its paddle being all the gear you need
(no computer or keyboard required). All of these rigs also do CW-to-RTTY with
the keyer paddle.

Some would argue there's no activity in ham radio, or perhaps life itself, more
rewarding than making RTTY contest QSOs using a 1 pound radio with a whip and
an attached keyer paddle while operating pedestrian mobile :)

Of course I may be biased, being the nut-case who dreamed this up and wrote the
MCU firmware. But I'd also like to give credit where it's due: the DSP code for
this was written by Lyle Johnson, KK7P.

One tip for those using PSK31 as a casual operating mode: you may need to use
RIT or XIT to fine-tune the offset and obtain the best copy.

73,
Wayne
N6KR