Well my 10+ yr old P3 seems to have finally bit the dust.

I had been having issues with getting the internal display to turn on when powering the P3 up.

I had found that by letting it run for a minute or so (the external display always worked), that I could then quickly cycle the power button off/on and get the internal display to come on.

I tended to leave the K3s and P3 on all the time, just because it had become a PITA to deal with this behavior.

I had posted about this previously, and had a couple of possible suggestions:

1) Power it from the main station supply, instead of the K3s - tried with no discernable change in behavior. 2) Open it up and unplug/re-plug all the cables, etc. to clean the contacts - tried with no discernable change in behavior.

So, we had a power outage a couple of evenings ago, and that seems to have finally screwed the pooch.

I can no longer get the internal display on at all.
Only through some fiddling with the P3 power button can I get the external display to come up. When the external display comes up, it seems that the P3 is operating in a factory default condition. The resolution is low, it is in center tracking mode (which I never use), etc. The most annoying aspect of this is that I cannot see the menu which shows initially on the internal display, so I cannot reset the external display resolution, etc.

Any more ideas/help for this, or do I have to pack it up and send to the mother ship for repair, only to have to wait for ever because of parts shortages?

I really miss my SVGA waterfall display.

73,
-- Dave, N8SBE