Ed,

There is a FAR better way. Check out the design by VK4YB on his QRZ page. It's a brilliant design, and works great, enabling him to set the distance record on the band (in 2017, I think). The key element of the design are dimensions that carefully place the current maxima in the 120 ft vertical section, and that doesn't need a radial system. It's a VERY efficient antenna! BTW -- my NEC model didn't show pronounced directivity in the direction of the loading wire that the author observed.

I took this as the starting point and tweaked the loading section to fit on W6GJB's property, supported by redwoods. My tweaks were to break the 450 ft loading wire into several parallel wires. We measured feedpoint Z, then used SimSmith to design a simple matching network with junkbox parts. It plays extremely well -- Glen's worked VK4YB and a lot of other stuff with it.

73, Jim K9YC