The Heil AD-1-K adaptor works fine on a K3S with my electret mic so no
adaptor modification should be needed, unless yours is defective.  As others
have said, you can try the back mic jack.

John KK9A

w5wz wrote:

Anyone using an ANTLION MODMIC 4 with an Elecraft K3?

I'm having difficulty.  The Modmic works great plugged into my PC Mic
Input on the front panel.

I believe the ModMic is electret - requiring BIAS, which I know is
turned on at CONFIG > MIC > press #2, so the end result is FP.H BIAS.

A Heil AD-1-K is plugged into the front panel; however, pin 6 (8v) is
not wired to the mono 1/8 mike jack on the adapter.  The Modmic uses a
T-R-S 1/8 inch.

What is the correct pinout for the K3 front mic jack to the Modmic?

--Scott, W5WZ