Hello, all.

This may be my first post to the reflector. I received the KXIBC2 module
yesterday and installed it in the KX2 this morning. A few notes from the
process…

1. Installation is pretty straight forward. Soldering the B and E pins is a
little tricky but not too bad. I pre-tinned pin E, the one that is soldered to
the ground of the DC input jack, as well as used a tiny drop of flux to
facilitate soldering.

2. Be sure that you have updated the KX2 firmware to 3.01 or above so that the
new menu item is available. It’s all described in the instructions.

3. If you turn on the KX2 using your 13.8V power supply, and the new LED just
flashes and goes out, it probably means that the internal battery is fully
charged. To confirm that the charger is working, leave the KX2 on using just
internal battery power for awhile until the voltage drops some. Then apply the
external power, and the LED should light, indicating charging. All of this
assumes that you are using a power supply that matches the specs described in
the installation sheet.

The one odd thing that I saw was that the “Set KX2 Time…” menu item in the KX2
Utility program is now grayed out. The new real time clock is working, and the
time can still be set directly on the radio but not using the Windows program.
Everything else in the utility program still works as before. Any thoughts on
this? Maybe a revision of the utility program or firmware is needed?

73,
Mike W5RST
OKC