The original poster was using a sensor connected to a P3. For me, the big use
for this is to view the modulation pattern of my transmission. I have other
devices (like the KPA500 itself) that tells me the power. And if I really want
to see the match on the antenna feed (which for my tribander should be close to
50 ohms), I will use my W2 and sensor between the KAT500 and the antenna feed
line.
I doubt there will be much distortion in the modulation pattern with a
mismatch, though, Just don’t want to surpass the KAT500's 10:1 maximum rating.

OK, so truth be told, I use it to make sure my signal is going out. And to see
the nice pictures it produces…

73,
Jack, W6FB