On 6/25/2023 11:05 PM, Richard wrote:
I love my K3s, warts and all, but I want a way to tailor incoming audio for
better readability in special cases. Yes, I know about the built-in function,
but that's hardly comfortable for quick, on-the-fly adjustments.

There are only 2 possibilities for best readability -- one for CW, which is to cut the bands away from where you like the Pitch, the other for Voice modes, which is max cut for the three lowest bands, 6 dB cut of the fourth (400 Hz center), and 3-6 dB boost of the two top bands. This favors the part of the spectrum that makes the greatest contribution to speech intelligibility and minimizes that parts (below 400 Hz) that don't. This is nothing new -- AT&T Bell Labs, probably the greatest engineering institution on the planet for most of the 20th century, figured out the science of this in the earliest days of telephony.

73, Jim K9YC