Don, I followed your suggestions and I am still at the same place I started.

I began by following the schematic as you suggested and marked each
component as I verified the correct values and type.  I found no errors (at
least I didn't but it doesn't mean I erred again).

It appears I had a solder bridge between pins 4 and 5 on U6.  I replaced D16
veractor MV209 and did not have another D17 ISV149 so the old one is still
there.

The readings remained virtually the same as before.  The voltages at U6 pin
1 were as follows:  High 12103.15, voltage 7.61; low 1209.03, voltage 3.74.

Pin 8 of the thermistor board was 7.97 and pins 6 and 7 measured 3.96.  Pin
1 measured 7.64.  The line voltage at the power plug was 14.3 volts.

I am curious why the voltage on the lower reading did not go to near zero.
Would Q19 (J310), D17 be faulty and what effect does U4 have?

I appreciate your time for leading this BOOF (burnt out old f-rt) through
the dark.

Thanks again,

Dwight W4IJY  K2 4766