Good Evening,

   Twenty meters was fairly quiet but minimally productive. There was little thunder storm noise on either band.  That should give me a hint.  On forty meters Dwight, WM5F mentioned a solar storm.  When I signed off I came in here to check.  Sure enough that roaring sound drove his normally S9 signal close to the noise.  We are also experiencing D layer absorption.  Good test of propagation :)  https://solarham.net/ gave me a map.

   Birding difficulties between nets: first a male Golden Crowned Kinglet, then an immature female Wilson's Warbler, followed by an immature Yellow Warbler.  Next an immature Golden Crowned Kinglet.  Argh!!  I am being tested.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6XK - Roy - IA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z: