There is absolutely NO reason for transmitting a dirty or distorted or wide signal.    NONE!  If your signal is dirty, distorted, or wide, it is clearly the fault of the operator.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 7/12/2023 3:33 PM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:18:13 +0000

Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Field Day Operation

"but I guarantee that it can be easily done with a TS-590S as well.  You just didn't
do it right."

Ok, please tell me how to do that.  Specific settings please from a test that
you actually ran with a TS-590S.

My tests had all audio drive sliders to max and ALC meter hard on the stop.
Clean signal for FT8 and PSK.  I didn't believe that was possible until I ran
the tests.

Andy, k3wyc