I might add to my own question…
- All wiring entering the house and in the development is underground:
electricity, phone, internet
- I can guarantee our builder did not use lead lined plywood for the roof deck
otherwise creating a faraday shield in the attic
- There’s no Hardee board (concrete) or aluminum siding, or stucco, or aluminum
foil vapor barrier in the construction

I am considering a horizontal loop antenna matched by an Icom AH-4 in the attic.

What I don’t clearly see is how to provide a station and antenna ground for a
basement operating position.

Steve
AA8AF