These kinds of questions are exactly why there is an entire ARRL book on the
subject.

Short version, you need a system that provides both a safety ground for the AC
power wiring and an RF ground for lightning protection.

In 2020, both the CZU Lightning Complex and SCU Lightning Complex fires were
large destructive fires started by lightning. My weather station counts
lightning strikes near Palo Alto. It recorded 27 in Jan, 17 in Feb, and 16 in
March. That would be one thunderstorm in Texas, but it is still enough to
damage a radio.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood