As far as I know, the transceivers have Auxbus (K2, K3, K4, but not K1). Not
sure if the KX transceivers bring it out to a connector, though.
The KPA500 sends data out to the transceiver using Auxbus, but does not listen,
the KAT500 only receives data. The KPA1500 does both.

I believe you are using the TXBPF filters, Jim (as am I). They need low-drive
individual band signals, although they also can use the K3’s
BAND outputs.

I hope this answers the question…

73,
Jack, W6FB