I have frequently used my K3 at 100 watts with FT8 and RTTY. I haven’t had
anything which would indicate that components are getting overstressed (e.g.
bad smells).

Now, I don’t think I have given a full 100 watts when something isn’t connected
in the antenna system, although the KAT3 does “match” an open antenna line.
Since in that situation, it clicks for a long time before coming to a “match”,
I tend to notice that there is a problem before applying full power.

73 Bill AE6JV