Hi John - I've fairly well established that the problem is not at the antenna, but arising somewhere in the grounding/RFI protection in my station, since it occurs only on one band and (more importantly) because it stopped totally after I re-tightened all the connections in my grounding system yesterday .

The Carolina Windom incorporates a line isolator 22 feet down from the feedpoint, but technical questions have been raised about exactly what you describe, and I'm not technical enough either to question the analysis or to experimentally measure the common mode current on the feedline.  Further complicating the issue, the feedline to my CW is very long - on the order of 250 feet, a mix of RG8-X and Buryflex.  This arose because I put the antenna switch at the base of my tower, and the feedpoint of the CW is at one extreme of what amounts to a triangle with the antenna switch and the shack.

73, Pete N4ZR