Thanks Fred -
When I get time, I might just pull the radio out of the rack and
remove/reset those pins...
Yeah, in the 'olden days'  (mid 80s in my case) I was a bench tech fixing
dumb terminals from airports, among other things..they were connected to
each other in a daisy-chained serial 'party line'.  I could usually tell
how strong the lightning-induced surge was by how many components were
blown and how charred the circuit board was...

73 de W0ZF