The ones I measured just a couple of months ago were way too small and light to have a transformer in them, and they were horrible.  In any case, I recommend that anyone using a wall wart for other than its intended equipment (or any standalone new one) be sure to check it for both noise and no load voltage regulation.  It's quick and easy to do and could save a lot of headaches.

73,
Dave  AB7E