Hi Mark,

The high current condition on the KPA3 (or KPA3A, if newer K3) PA module may
arise from a problem in one of the lowpass filter sections if it's not purely
an external fault condition.

If you have the internal KAT3 ATU, you could try putting a dummy load on the
2nd antenna port and occasionally loading up into that load on the bands on
which you have observed the overcurrent condition.  If that pops the DC
breaker, that's a sure sign a problem exists in one or more of the lowpass
filters.

I would also check for connector intermittents outside of the K3 antenna
connector(s).
If you have a transient fault in one of the coax connectors downstream of the
rig, you could draw too much current for a short time, sufficient to pop the
breaker.  I'm leaning toward this possible cause as a first line of
investigation - the possible fault in one or more lowpass filters is a less
probable cause.

73,
Mike, K8CN