Dear OM Peter MØRYB,

The adapter cable you describe is still available from Elecraft.  Go to
https://elecraft.com/pages/parts-mod-kits
and search for KUSB.  Its price is currently USD 42.95 plus shipping.

Alternatively, attached is a picture of my KUSB hardware and a scan of its specs shown on the packaging that I received in 2011 from Elecraft. It is not merely a cable; it contains a critical chipset.

Some adapter cables use the Prolific chipset, some of which will not work properly with the K3. As you can see at the lower right of the attached scan, the FTDI chipset is recommended by Elecraft, and it appears to work well.

My KUSB from Elecraft came with a driver CD, but that was outdated; the manufacturer's website furnished a current driver.

I didn't get much use out of the KUSB because my Windows 7 computer (which had a serial and parallel port adapter card installed) turned out to function appropriately with the K3 after I found that there is a serial port setting for more accuracy versus more speed (see third attachment). This setting, accessible only to Administrators, defaults to more speed and made for lots of errors when updating K3 firmware. Moving the slider left to "Low" allowed me to use a simple double-DB9 cable for the rest of the Win 7 computer's life. But this only applies if the computer has a serial port.

GL and 73,

Paul W8TM

[Attachments not sent to Elecraft reflector]