My Winkeyer has settings for both lead and tail time, and so does N1MM+.  WSJT-X does not appear to have these variables.

73, Pete N4ZR

On 1/14/2024 11:04 AM, Lou Laderman wrote:
Pete, your issue may only be on the back end of the transmission, and adjusting the delay time for the exciter to kick in is on the front end to prevent a hot transmission before the amp kicks in. I don’t know if the back end can be corrected on your exciter, or somewhere in the kpa1500’s menus. I don’t have the issue you reported and haven’t looked through the settings on my K4 or kpa1500. If all else fails, try posting on the kpa1500 groups.io, of ask Elecraft support directly.

Lou Laderman
(314) 308-4363
Sent from my mobile device