On 1/30/2024 4:46 PM, Alan Geller via Elecraft wrote:
Thanks for any help.

One of the most important factors in picking any monitor is whether it, or its PSU, generates noise, and how much it generates. An ideal condition is to be able to power from a 12-14V bus, so that you can drive it from the (hopefully) clean PSU that's running your radios.

Probably 6-8 years ago, our contesting team discovered some 24-in Samsung monitors that met this condition, and all of us have bought them. One is running as an extension on the laptop on which I'm typing now, from from sealed lead-acid that is being float charged by a linear PSU. The one in my wife's office is also powered that way.

There's detailed advice about this arrangement in applications note about finding and killing receive noise. k9yc.com/publish.htm

73, Jim K9YC