Operating in this morning's CWT, and saw a recurrence of strange RFI-like symptoms.  After transmitting, RX gain sometimes was severely reduced, but simply moving the K-3's AF gain a little would cause recovery to normal.  Sometimes, this was accompanied by a HI CURR warning on the K3's display, often occurring several seconds after switching back to receive.

My working theory has been RFI, but my station is pretty thoroughly fitted with toroids. Still, there seems to be a correlation between running my KPA-1500 at about 1100 watts and this set of symptoms, which I have not been able to trigger running 100 watts   To further confuse things, I just had another episode of this occurring *several minutes* after the last transmission.

One culprit I can think of is a 100-foot Ethernet cable between my station and my FIOS router.  I have bought a shielded replacement but have not yet installed it.  After reading some of the recent commentary about so-called "shielded" cables, I'm wondering if this is worth doing.

Any suggestions, either K-3-specific or more general, would be much appreciated.

**ADDENDUM** - I just tested into my dummy load with the amp operational at 1100 watts, and triggered all the same symptoms.

--
73, Pete N4ZR