On 3/30/2024 9:16 PM, Bob McGraw wrote:
Did the fault occur immediately after a band change?  I occasionally see a slight  power overshoot from my K3S on the first transmission after a band change.

No. It occurs after the KPA switches from STBY to OPER. With the KPA turned off, the overshoot occurs on the first key press after I switch from CW to SSB.

Perhaps a transmit gain calibration is in order.   I use the K3 Utility for this purpose and a known good 50 ohm dummy load. The radio will do the rest.

I think I will do that. I bought this K3 used, and the TX EQ had some very odd settings, so who knows what else might be hosed-up. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion.

73, Mike N4CF