A momentary hi SWR can cause a severe fold-back on power out on the K3, which can take several tens of seconds of subsequent transmission to sort out. Changing bands or cycling power can also reset this behavior.

I had an intermittent on one of my antennas that would trigger this behavior. It's really annoying, but I guess it's better than blowing the finals.

73,
-- Dave, N8SBE

On 2024-05-05 22:27, Roger Rose wrote:
I had a weird thing happen with my K3 this morning. I tried to check into a regional 75 meter net this morning and they couldn’t hear me. I looked at the display and had no power output deflection. I’m using the rear apron mic connection and I’ve had problems with it coming unplugged, but that wasn’t it. I looked at the meter on my external tuner and it showed a tiny bit of output so it wasn’t a mic issue. I moved up the band and changed to CW. I was set for 100 watts and I was showing 50. I changed to 40 and had the full 100 watts out. Moved back to 75 and then I had full output. Powered it off and back on…still good. Any ideas?

Message delivered to n8...@densbe.com