Yet another bug with the KX3 not activating the KPA100 to TX tonight.
I have two complete sets of KX3-PX3-KPA100, one for regular use and the other
stored away.
Tonight I noticed I was unable to transmit on JS8Call after celebrating that
finally, after swapping out the SignaLink sound card which will not work with
the Realtek sound  card file now on Windows 11 (The SignaLink had worked when
Microsoft was providing the Audio Codec files on the computer but somehow
Microsft has now removed them during an update? )The Play!3 Sound Blaster SBX
swap out fixed that problem.
So I logged onto JS8Call tonight but this time I noticed that while I could
receive, when I tried to transmit, the KPA100 power output meter would not
light past the first square, and I received zero Heart Beat reponses, meaning I
was not transmitting.  I swapped out my other Elecraft KX3 and it worked. So
the problem is not the KPA100.  I notice now that on attempted TX during
JS8Call, the TX red light on the KX3 was doing a high frequencey faint flicker,
but stays on solid red when trying to transmit with the MH3, but still no power
registers on the KPA100 meter with SSB.  My other KX3 did not display this
flicker.
I have looked through the manuals and have Fred Caddy's book which addresses
the issue of no power out on the KPA100 on page 133 but none of these apply. Of
course I have the ppt, PA in the "on," position.
Before I tear more of my hair out, is there anything obvious I am missing short
of recalibrating or reinstalling firmware (I have no settings to really justify
even making a back up)?
Karl , AF5LQ