Hi Group,

XV144 runs extremely hot during FM or other full duty cycle operation. The PCB of XV144 is very similar to that of XV432 so that there is space for a small computer fan. I bought an US$3.00 computer fan and installed it in the XV144 with due reference to the manual of XV432 fan installation.

The result is very pleasing and I can now run XV144 under FM mode (15 watts output) for a couple of hours without problem.

If you have time, don't waste this nice transverter and add a small fan to operate it under FM mode as well.

73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC