Doing the math, a wire self-resonant at 7 MHz exhibits 2:1 SWR limits that
vary with the wire size as follows:

#8 wire = 280 kHz

#12 wire = 270 kHz

#30 wire = 160 kHz

Since the antenna is probably less than self-resonant length (1/2 wave or
1/4 wave over a perfect ground) the bandwidths will be greater than that
owing to the matching network or ground losses. However, these numbers
provide some idea of how the size of the wire affects bandwidth.

The original poster was using a KX1. He didn't say, but I'd assume he's
using an ATU, perhaps the KXAT1 built into the KX1.

Ron AC7AC