Some time ago, I built the opto-isolator circuit found on http:// www.qsl.net/k0bx/cwkeying.htm. Since it uses an opto-isolator, it should not only work with the K2, but isolate the rig from the computer as wel.

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek and MI Affiliated Club Coordinator
Read my ham radio blog at www.kb6nu.com
LET'S GET MORE KIDS INTO HAM RADIO!

On Oct 26, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Carter W. Craigie wrote:

I want to be able to do computer-generated CW on my K2, using software such as DX4WIN and WriteLog. The circuit that works on my wife's Yaesu FT1000 MP Mark V does not work on her Yaesu FT920, which makes me think it isn't going to work on the K2, either, because both require a stereo plug. The circuit for the Mark V
addresses a mono plug.

Can someone send me, or point me to, a CW keying circuit for a COMM port that
will work with the K2?

I do not want to use a sound-card approach, such as the RigBlaster.
73,
Carter
--
Carter Craigie N3AO