Peter,

The Impedance range that the KAT2 will match will be greater on the higher
bands than the lower (just because of the math in the formulas for impedance
of inductors and capacitors).  So I hesitate to guess at an answer becuase
you did not specify a frequency - I can add up the inductor and capacitor
values and give a range for each.

With a bit of work with a program like TLW (www.arrl.org), one could
determine the impedance range for each band.  It is an L network tuner with
a series inductor range from 0 to 20.62 uH in 0.16 uH steps; while the shunt
capacitor can range in value from 0 to 2423 pf in 10 to 12 pf steps.  The
shunt capacitor can be at either end of the inductor. Only the min and max
values need to be entered for each component and configuration, so there
would be 8 calculations for each band of interest.

All in all, it is a wide impedance range, but will be more restricted on 160
meters than on 10 meters.  This same principle applies to all Elecraft
tuners and to other manufacturers of similar L network designs.

73,
Don W3FPR