I suspect the regulation in the Astron. Can you put a DVM on that, preferably one with an real meter, to detect a voltage change?
Raj

--
Rajiv Dewan, N2RD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

On Nov 6, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Stephen W. Kercel wrote:

Fellow Elecrafters

I've discussed this phenomenon with the technical support people at Elecraft, and so far they have no explanation for the following.

I have a K2 powered by an Astron 35 amp power supply. All power connections and all leads coming out of the K2 are heavily shielded for RF, and I have a good RF ground.

I recently added a RigRunner DC power strip between the Power Supply and the K2.

The RigRunner has three LEDs, Red for overvoltage, Green for normal voltage, Yellow for undervoltage.

Since I'm well within nominal voltage, the green light always shows.

The problem is that when I'm in QRP mode running CW, the green led gets BRIGHTER in key down than key up. It does not do this in QRO mode. It does it on various bands and at various VFO frequencies with a given band, and it does it for both real antennas and a dummy load.

Steve Kercel
AA4AK