Hi All,

Had to respond to Tom, N0SS's post. We were both licensed in '58 (not
1858!), so our old bodies and minds are at about the same level in decline
:) But I too had a great outing and was able to operate the full 24 hours
(plus three minutes!) without too much discomfort.

When we worked each other Sunday afternoon, if I remember correctly, Tom was
3 Q's up on me. Seems that nothing much changed after that. It will come
down to who made fewer mistakes.

Never heard or worked Yukon/NWT/Nunavut or VE4. Been to MB so know it
exists.

I was recalling how arduous working this contest used to be on the ears and
mind a few years back. That was with a Heathkit SB-101, followed by a
Kenwood TS-530s. The K2's receiver OTOH is so clean that the CW signals are
music to the ears and a joy to behold. As others have pointed out, there are
no artifacts, 'thumping', or other extraneous (intraneous?) noise sources to
create listener fatigue. I most often used the 750 Hz filter position.

My score of 100K with 5W compares closely to what I used to accomplish with
100W in past decades. My compliments to 'The Creators' at Aptos! And ...
great to work other Elecrafters too.

72/73
Todd
N9NE

Default Exchange : # Q N9NE 58 WI
Hours of Operation: 24:03 (heh heh)

 band      QSOs     points
 80        284        568
 40        226        452
 20         57        114
 15         75        150
TOTAL      642       1284   X   78 multipliers  =  100,152