The current KSB2 from Elecraft has already been modified with less ripple in the pass band. My KSB2 is an earlier model and has been modified to 2.4khz based on a kit supplied from Elecraft. Under the spectrogram, I notice that the latest configuration gives a fairy flat response across pass band.

I feel the trick of getting good audio is to tune your filter by using the spectrogram. K2 is still a very good rig in SSB though there is a lack of IF shift. However, you need to experiment with different microphones to get better audio. With limitations in design, size, K2 in SSB is still unbeatable in its price category. My remarks are limited to RX performance in the survival under strong QRM situation like the CQ WW SSB contest.

Clearly, you will miss the functions like manual notch within AGC, IF shift etc etc. K2 is still a very capable rig in SSB mode. If you install the KDSP2, you will need to experiment the change in Denoiser settings to lessen the artifacts.

cheers,

Johnny Siu VR2XMC