On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 07:32:44AM -0500, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> David,
>
> Yes, the peak is VERY broad.  You may have to connect an AC voltmeter across
> the speaker connector to find the peak if you cannot discern it by ear.  The
> peak is normally 1 to 1 1/2 turns down from the top of the can.  Be certain
> you are using CW mode.  If your peak is right at the top of the can, check
> the value of C182.
C182 is a fairly big yellow disk ceramic marked '181', if that is
correct, then I guess I don't have a problem?

I have a software audio analyser (xanalyser) which I could use to find
the peak and I have a DMM which should measure audio frequencies just
fine (It has a range of 0 - 4MHz as a frequency counter).

Which would be preferable?

--
David Dawson

bad measures.