The problem that I ran into is this. The male pins on the pre-assembled DSP board for the 20 pin header are too long for the female mating header and they hold the board away from the header about a 1/16 inch or so. Normally this would not be a big deal if you only had the K2 without the 100 watt rf deck. With the 100 watt option, the speaker enclosure rubs right up against the DSP chip itself and actually pushes on the whole mother daughter board if it is installed that way. I solved the problem by cutting 1/16 or so off the male header pins on the pre-assembled board and now it mates flush with the female header. There is now about 1/32 or so clearance between the speaker and the DSP.

Aargh! It appears the RoHS compliant 20-pin male connectors used in building the latest batch of DSPx modules were slightly longer than the previous, non-RoHS compliant connectors. Your solution, Joe, is correct. When you trim the pins, check for burrs and if present, use a small file, even a nail file or something similar, to remove the burrs.

73,

Lyle KK7P