Hi John,
Sorry...I had a "Senior moment" nominating C80 and C81......what I meant was C58 and C59 were wrong in the PA I worked on. I believe C89 and 81 *should* be 472's ...or are according to the latest release of the circuit I have .....however....there could have been a change, and if the latest instructions from Elecraft dictate otherwise I would follow instructions. Yes I think it is wise to fix the amp first. It might be wise to check the HV you get at the junction of R11 and C77 . In the amp I mentioned, the voltage there was falling to under 80v when the KAT100 was plugged in, so I went back to the 39k resistor at R4 to bring the voltage back in range.
Good luck......and sorry for my mistake....
73.....Ron ZL1TW