I just finished building my KAT1.

1. The Initial Test is good.
2. The SWR Bridge Adjustment (C9) ranges in value from 1.215vdc to 1.3vdc. This doesn't seem like much range and the null is not sharp. 3. In the Power Calibration I am using the DL1 dummy load test point TP1 to measure RF voltage. Tapping WPM+/WPM- I can only get a range of voltages from 0.3vdc to 2.0vdc. This is a max output of ~100mw.

Just out of curiosity I set the KAT1 for auto-tune and let it tune with the dummy load connected. I get a SWR of 9.9 to 1.

If I remove the KAT1, the K1 has full power on all 4 bands.

I have inspected and reinspected all solder joints several times and can find no cold joints or shorts. D1, D2 and D3 all have good front to back ratios.

Can someone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this problem?

73
Larry
kb5dxy