Just finished building and aligning sn 05834.  Have a couple of questions:
1 - Preamp...I wonder if anyone else has noticed a very noisy K2 preamp...with no antenna or just dummy load connected, when I turn on the preamp there is a marked increase in noise output.. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

2 - I aligned the filters with spectrogram....is there any way of getting the bfo set so that the received signal is the same pitch on all 4 filters? and, does the pitch change when switching filters affect the transmit frequency?

Thanks for any input
Paul
N2PD