I have used a 465 for many years -Cut my teeth in the Navy with one. They were
very fine scopes. The issue is that they used a lot of custom parts that are
now made of un-obtanium
as far as I know. A couple of years ago, Tektronix had a $200 trade in offer on
their TDS series. At the time, I was repairing guitar amps on the side, so I
took the plunge and got a TDS 2012 100 Mhz. Those guys have never lost the art
of making a good scope.

-Pete
wd4lst