Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Oscilloscope alternatives

Hi David,
Could you give us a few specifics on where to find a low cost scope utilizing a PC (or even better an OS based Palm).

Thanks
Tom
WB2QDG
K2 1103
From: "David Cutter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For many applications a scope is somewhat limited and a scope-adaptor for your laptop / pc offers much more, for a lot less money, size, weight. These range from simple to of course expensive. I could start the list of products with Pico Scope, but there are now so many and they are very small, eg built into a 9 pin D plug. A cheap old laptop, better still palm top will suffice for your
workbench.  And you can record the results for later examination.

This is a simplification, but modern scopes seem to be just specially adapted
pcs.

David
G3UNA