The November RFTB has come and gone. Only one more Sprint for 2006; after which we will name the "Top Hog of the Sty" for the year. I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving; and that you're all finished with your holiday gift buying and decorating! (Just joshing!)

The November RFTB saw the lowest turnout via the Autolog so far this year, with only 31 folks sending in scores. That probably was due to the fact that the ARRL Sweepstakes had finished about an hour or two before we began. I'm sure there were a lot of Piggies who were to pooped to pop into the RFTB. However, I did hear a few folks out there making contacts; but who did not submit scores. If you participate; by all means send in your score. This way we have a good idea who is participating on a regular basis. Next month, the December RFTB winner will receive a special holiday Piggie memento courtesy of Jeff K3OQ; so I hope we see a really big showing!

The top three finishers for November were Larry W2LJ with 1080 points to take First Place; followed by John N2UC in Second Place with 689 points. Perry WA8THK rounded out the top three by scoring 310 points for Third Place. I was quite surprised and taken aback to find that I was the top finisher. I am reminded of an old Swiss saying that one of my bosses used to cite quite often, referring to strokes of luck. It is appropriate for an RFTB and especially for me, I guess. "Every now and then, even the blind pig finds an acorn". I rarely get an acorn - ever!

Here's the tale of the tape:

W2LJ   1080 pts.
N2UC   0689 pts.
WA8THK 0310 pts.
K2NPN  0279 pts.
N9NE/M 0243 pts.
KA2KGP 0222 pts.
N1VWD  0200 pts.
K4BAI  0184 pts.
K4KO   0176 pts.
KD2MX  0144 pts.
NG7Z   0144 pts.
K7TQ   0096 pts.
K4NK   0095 pts.
K8BTD  0060 pts.
WA3RML 0060 pts.
KB6NU  0060 pts.
W1PID  0040 pts.
N1LT   0036 pts.
K5GQ   0036 pts.
K3OQ   0027 pts.
AF4LQ  0027 pts.
VE3XT  0012 pts.
W9NX   0012 pts.
WB8LZG 0008 pts.
AA5CH  0003 pts.
W9UQB  0003 pts.
K6BBQ  0002 pts.
WA3OFF 0000 pts.
N5WVR  0000 pts.
K6DBG  0000 pts.
NØJRN  0000 pts.

I'd like to take this opportunity to especially thank those of you who participate under less than ideal conditions. Folks like myself, who are fortunate to have even very modest suburban backyards tend to forget what a challenge it can be to participate while mobile, or with indoor or compromise antennas due to CCRs and HOAs. Thank you for participating month in and month out. You guys are the best and exemplify the Amateur Spirit of being resourceful and innovative.

See you all next month!

73 de Larry W2LJ

--
Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com
http://w2lj.blogspot.com/