John,

You may want to look into using a computer connection to the K2 and
controlling the K2 over a wireless LAN connection from your laptop computer.
I believe Ham Radio Deluxe provides for control of the K2 and Skype can
carry the audio.  In fact, you can control your K2 from anywhere you have an
internet connection if you want to go that far.  There are also schemes that
use VNC to control the computer that is connected to the K2 - UltraVNC is
available free from www.sourceforge.net.

73,
Don W3FPR