I am pleased to report that K2 s/n 5853 is in the transmitter alignment phase,
and all is going well.  Work was interrupted for a few days because we lost
power in Thursday's ice storm here in STL.  The house was down to 50 deg. F,
when power was finally restored.

Christine at Elecraft does a superb job at stuffing those parts bags.  At one
point, I relied on her work to provide me with a parity check of sorts on my
capacitor installation.  I got suspicious when I had a "561" cap left over but
was missing a "560" cap.  I reviewed all the other spots that were supposed to
receive  a"560," and sure enough I found I had made an error.  I was able to
remove the misplaced cap and save it too.

The receiver sounds great, and compares favorably with my Ten Tec Omni 6 loaded
with INRAD filters.

When doing the BFO calibration, I followed the recommended settings, which I
understand are based on a 600 Hz pitch.  I like to use narrow filters at a 400
Hz pitch.  I'd like to set up for the following filter sequence: 600, 400, 300,
150 Hz bandwidths.

Is there a formula I can use to calculate the BFO frequencies I need for CW
normal and reverse to get the pitch and bandwidths I want?  Have others
produced their own charts or lists of customized BFO settings ?  I apologize if
I've missed something in the manual or in the list archives.

73,
Chuck  NI0C