Hmmm ... I've never used XIT except to test it. When working DX split, I usually use both the VFO's in SPLIT mode. It takes me several moments to get it right, but it usually takes me quite awhile to break a pileup and once I have it set, the operation of the radio seems more natural to me. [Must remember to cancel SPLIT after I've copied his 5NN and sent mine, however :-) ]

On a several occasions however, I've come across a station QSX up with only a little pileup, and I've searched for the guy he's working with the tuning dial. I then tap RIT, tune RIT back down to his QRG real quick and call him. It's less intuitive for me than standard SPLIT, but I can make it happen much faster. One problem with this, however is that my RIT only goes about 800 Hz either way (is that adjustable somewhere?) so his QSX has to be close to his tx freq.

I guess the K2 provides options for everyone.

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw