I built my own. You can see a 'brassboard' of it on my web page http://www.qsl.net/k7fj/

The tuner now uses a BasicX PIC which has far more memory available than the Basic Stamp PIC. The tuner works great at 500 watts when driving my 600 foot horizontal loop through ladderline.

I plan to order a K2 case next week and will be building the tuner into the new case this winter.

There have been changes in software. I no longer use it as an autotuner because I ran out of memory for that function but it could still be implemented with a little programming effort. I found that autotuning is just not necessary. The tuner is designed for manual tuning using inductance and capacitance up and down buttons and, once a good match is achieved manually, L and C are stored in memory for that particular frequency. This can be done for either of two antennas (selectable from a menu). The C is connected either to the output (antenna) or input sides of the inductors by a menu sellection and this is remembered (and retrieved automatically) for each frequency and each antenna.

The tuner is connected to the com port of the K2 and its settings (L, C, and input/output C connection) are automatically changed whenever the frequency of the K2 is changed. It is a completely 'hands off' tuner.

Don K7FJ

I am still wishing for a truly balanced auto tuner with one set of
capacitors and two sets of inductors.

72,

John W2XS